Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Song of the South

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Song of the South

    Does anyone remember this old Disney movie? I vaguely remember one of the books and I think I saw a video of it back when I was really really young.

    Do you agree w/Disney for not rereleasing this movie to dvd because of the racial undertones it has in it?
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Veritas's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2002
    Posts
    255
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Song of the South

    I bought the movie online a few years back...It came from England and I had to change the format for it to play on American VCRs...I've always thought it was hypocritical of Disney to sell the film overseas but not in the US.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Song of the South

    I recently read an article that said that you might have Uncle Remus in your DVD player by the end of 2007.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Song of the South

    well i went to disney world last year and rode that splash mountain and i guess it snuck into my subconscious or something...that zippidy do dah zippidy a.

    what was so racist about it? i heard it was because they made it seem like once the civil war was over, there was no more hostility betwen black and whites? and a certain organization was protesting it.

    Disney edited out a couple of scenes in Fantasia as well.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member gchsajs's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2006
    Posts
    1,118
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Song of the South

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaneCook</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

    what was so racist about it? i heard it was because they made it seem like once the civil war was over, there was no more hostility betwen black and whites?
    </div></div>

    NOT COOL WHAT ARE YOU HITLER OR SOMETHING GTFO THE INTERWEB YOU CAN SPEND YOUR MONEY ON SOME COSTLY GRAND WIZARD OUT-FIT YOU SEXIST COMMIE HACKER THEIF MOVIE-PIRATE LIME-WIRE USER
    [url="http://avatars.jurko.net"][img]http://avatars.jurko.net/uploads/avatar_17434.gif[/img][/url]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member gchsajs's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2006
    Posts
    1,118
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Song of the South

    CHANGE YOUR NAME DANECOOK THATS REAL AWSOME TO HAVE A NAME ON A WBE FORUM LIKE A CELEB I THINK ILL CHANGE MINE TO BOB SEIGER OR SEOMTHING WONT THAT BE COOL?

    WE CAN ALL TALK LIKE WERE ABOUT TO DO UP AND COMEING FILMS AND ACT LIKE WE KNOW WAT WERE TALKING ABOUT...LIKE WE WERE ON A FORUM OR SOMETHING.

    CHANGE YOUR NAME TO DOMAINREAPER ID RESPECT YOU MORE THEN AND YOU'D LOOK LIKE LESS LIKE YOU WANTED TO STALK A REALLY BAD ACTOR THAT LAUGHS LIKE HE'S BEEN ON A 3 DAY COCAIN RUN
    [url="http://avatars.jurko.net"][img]http://avatars.jurko.net/uploads/avatar_17434.gif[/img][/url]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Song of the South

    wtf?
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •